View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 05:17 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

What reason would you have to doubt that WickedFrags corals weren't brought in legally? The site doesn't claim that the corals within it require anything more than a regular export CITES from the country of origin, which most fish stores never receive aside from the CITES sticker on the box. It is the wholesaler or facilitator that needs to ensure that the proper CITES is in place. Now if Wickedfrags were to bring in corals that obviously require a re-export CITES permit to bring them from another country, then the paperwork would be their responsibility. On a side note, anyone could send you a CITES that had a couple Acropora sp. & Montipora sp. listed on it and you wouldn't know if those were for the corals in the bags sent to you. It's a faulted system, which makes it easy to get by.

If Wickedfrags were to post that their sunset Montipora was of Tyree lineage, I'd be the first to ask them for the paperwork.

I've been hearing the "so what, it's a stupid rule anyways" a lot lately, and you know what. I agree completely! Yes it's insane to think that the government has a problem with reefers trading/selling aqua-cultured corals. But you have to start somewhere with the rules that protect the animals don't you? Just because it maybe aqua-cultured doesn't change the fact that it may have come out of the ocean illegally (I don't think that's the case with all the corals in question).

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
Could you kindly ask your supplier to forward you a copy of his/her CITES for me? You could PM or fax me a copy.

Thanks and looking forward to it as I would like to spend quite a considerable amount of money with you just as long as you can show me documented proof that you or your supplier brought it in legally.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Scythanith; 05-14-2009 at 05:23 PM.