Thread: Whaling
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 02:41 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

This whole whaling thing is so sad. Families are ruthlessly murdered, and I wonder what they are thinking.

I have no idea how the Japanese were allowed to kill whales for science... how did they get away with that? Perhaps our population is far too high and that is why the fish are not as plentiful. So basically they kill the whales and what do they do with the bodies. Is there a use for them now? I recall back in the old days they used whale oils for perfumes and cosmetics as well as fuel. Now we don't need to do that, so is their horrible death a complete waste? Either way, it does not have to happen, and I get sick watching them get killed in the manner that they die.

So Keri, what did you do in the Antarctic? I guess that is why you live in beautiful British Columbia now. With our dismal weather, you would think I live way out north as well.

I am glad these people against whaling do what they do. I am sure they would do much more if they could. I have watched Shark Water, and saw how laws protect people from facing consequences in illegally killing both whales and sharks. I think having reality shows about this matters is good thing as well. Who knew people would still be killing whales.

I don't want to start a political issue, but I just wanted to vent and understand why this is still common practice. It makes me sad that in our society today, with the knowledge and technology we have now, things like this still happen.