View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Steve, would you include the 175w Iwasaki 15k in that mix? Its suppose to be as bright as many 250,s. I have a 150w HQI and I would not say it overly impresses me. At least with the 14k bulb I,m running.
well if you want to through a HPS bulb into a MH discussion I am not familier with the iwasaki blue bulbs, a side from they were aperantly an ugly blue when they were released, then nothing. so no word of a lie, I have not seen anything on them untill you just mentioned them so how good can they be..

I had the USHIO 175 watt 10K's and while they were not bad I have seen many 150 watt HQI bulbs that would blow it out of the water, it was only marginaly brighter than T5's so how good can that be seriously though, I would put 175's inbetween the PC/VHO/T5 and 150 and up HQI. now there is one factor that might mislead some with the 175 as it is a mogal bulb it has better coverage than a DE bulb so it makes the tank apear brighter, but the intensity is below a 150 HQI.

Now what are ou going to keep, the only differance I noticed is my digitata went from a slow grower under the 175 to crazy fast growth with the 250 SE on HQI ballasts. but if you have a 175 another problem is selection, a 150 HQI has far more bulb choices.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.