Thread: New 29G BioCube
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 PM

DACJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DACJ

wow... I just discovered something real amazing...good or bad I am not sure but...truely amazing.

It is now two days after I place the chemi-pure elite in the chamber two, the bottle says rinse lightly before putting in the tank, but i rinsed it a little more until i made sure the water that goes through the bag is no longer black(carbon)...and this morning I woke up, and I took a peak at the stick filter to see if there was anything i need to wash off. The water was clear as crystal for sure, but as soon as I took out the stock filter, i realized that it was pure black....and i mean black!! the floss on there was pure white when newly opened from bag...now its black, I took some time to rinse, but best I could do was to get it dark grey...no more than that...this sound normal at all? or maybe the chemi-pure media bag is broken(maybe?) I haven't checked, no time.

Also, after I rinsed the stock filter, when I walk bak to the tank, it's looking a little white, as if the sand was stirred a little, not very blurry, but it does look white, compared to 3 minutes ago, it was crystal clear then...

Anything I need to worry about?

Side note, there are air bubbles on the green algae...is that the actual oxgen created by the photosynthesis process?

Last edited by DACJ; 05-05-2009 at 03:53 AM.