View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:54 PM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaylor420 View Post
hey midgetwaiter, you name 1 electrician that has never been shocked at work. Sometimes it is necessary to keep power on the circuit while working on it, needless to say i've moved wires or had them brush against me (being live wires) with not even feeling a thing. Anyways i'm just putting in my 2 cents on the subject take my opinion's for what you think their worth and use it or not. And about the gfi's in house's now like i said in my original post gfi's are great just not for fishtanks. Stop trying to look big like i said i'm not starting a debate here if you have nothing intelligent to counter my side of the argument dont waste your time.
My Dad was an electrician, I learned a lot from him, like how to handle live wires when fixing something. I work on computers, I have had a 2000Va UPS and a 17" CRT shock me. I understand electricity very well.

Somebody needs to "look big" and correct the dangerous info you are putting out there, the presence of water is a game changer and you need to realize that. You might not take much of a hit brushing up against 120 in the normal course of things but try it in socks with a wet (SW wet especially) hand, then see what happens.

You can confirm this by referencing any junior high science text book.