View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 AM

kodak is on a distinguished road
Default fishing Cancun PICS!!!

The GF and I just got back from a beautiful week in Cancun and the fishing was great! We stayed at the Barcelo Costa Cancun on the Bay side.. I didn't fish as much as I would have liked to because there was so much to see! We did book a guided fishing trip through the Lagoon and it was an awesome experience! Our guides name was Rodman Hunter and he runs Fly Fishing Cancun, he's an american born guide in Cancun and Honduras with over 25 years experience. I highly recommend booking with him if your looking for an awesome time with no language barrier. Perfect english!!!! His tips to fishing the lagoon were great, the boat was 10 years old and still looked like new, all of the gear was in perfect condition and ready to fish. http://www.cancunlighttackle.com/index.asp I took my own rod and flies and all the fish I caught were caught on this set up!!! The Tarpon was about 3-5 lbs, the other fish in the pics are Snapper. We saw a few Rays and Crocs while fishing the Lagoon. Rodman also took us to the senoras, fresh water springs that feed the Lagoon... these 5-7 foot wide holes coming out of the earth are almost spooky, he said you can swim in through one side and come out another.. no thanks! but neat to see.. Enjoy the pics!

The sun was scortching!!! so you had to cover up well on the water..