Thread: Contest #2
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 03:51 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Well us DIY idiots gotta do what we gotta do ya know...but I wouldn't flush it, it would plug up the toilet. Maybe fertilize the garden... or I know I could feed it all to my dog... then I could show everyone the real meaning of "Barf"
no, no you mis understood, I wasn't saying that DIY is the way to go for this, I am saying that a budgit on hardware would give an unfair advantage for the guys that can DIY. that is why I suport having a live stock budget over a hardware. I would rather see people put some quality hardware on there tanks, than just rig some getto equipment up, this would increase the quality and longjevity of the system. In the same way I would also suport and unlimited sump size, I would rather see the extra water volume to create a more stable enviorment for the critters.

Lets face it if some one sets up a tiny tank they will get tired of the increased amount of maintenance after a while, daily dosing, or waterchanges, multiple evaporation top offs each day to keep salinity stable, ect.. more ware volume makes this a slower process, and a larger sump allows you to put equipment in the reduce work.

now if you wanted to buy a proflux you could do small and stable, but now your adding 8 or 900 to your hardware budget..

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.