View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:40 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Lice and ich aren't really alike and while I've never had lice, I work in a daycare, were in the past children who have gone there have gotten it. Trust me if I ever got lice I would do the treatment for it, lice won't just go away on it's own without ever showing any signs or symptoms again, whereas ich can.

Much easier to do a lice treatment then to set up a 500g (in my case it would have to be 500g to accommodate all my fish from both 230g tanks) QT tank. Then chance the risk of loosing fish to ammonia spikes and the hypo treatment during the 5-6 weeks the fish would be in QT for, only to find out you went through all that and it didn't work. Not worth the PITA it would be to do that. GSP tried the hypo and full QT a few times I believe and still had ich problems.

Again I have to say I swear by cleaner wrasses and garlic/selcon soaked food to help ich lay dormant in a tank.

ofcource they arnt the same but if you qt'ed the kids in daycare the rest of them wouldnt get it in the first place. i think its a big mistake not to qt fish on the way in so that you can try to keep the display from having a population of ich if id does get in there and its not possible to remove the fish and treat it properly then you have no choice but to hope secondary things like shrimp and cleaner wrasses plus the fishes imune system can keep it at bay.. it wont go away and its a bit of a pet peeve of mine when i hear recommendations not to take steps to make shure your tank stays healthy.

without aiming anything i say at anyone, i think alot of people need to do some reading on this subject no professional that i know of recommends the add garlic buy a cleaner shrimp garbage that circulates the internet and fishstores way too often