View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 07:19 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
i think people should start treating ich like having lice either you have it or you dont and if you do have it you can either leave it alone and hope your frends dont see it or you can treat it properly and end the madness.

do you have lice? i dont
Lice and ich aren't really alike and while I've never had lice, I work in a daycare, were in the past children who have gone there have gotten it. Trust me if I ever got lice I would do the treatment for it, lice won't just go away on it's own without ever showing any signs or symptoms again, whereas ich can.

Much easier to do a lice treatment then to set up a 500g (in my case it would have to be 500g to accommodate all my fish from both 230g tanks) QT tank. Then chance the risk of loosing fish to ammonia spikes and the hypo treatment during the 5-6 weeks the fish would be in QT for, only to find out you went through all that and it didn't work. Not worth the PITA it would be to do that. GSP tried the hypo and full QT a few times I believe and still had ich problems.

Again I have to say I swear by cleaner wrasses and garlic/selcon soaked food to help ich lay dormant in a tank.