View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 AM

new but handy is on a distinguished road

Is your house engineer/architect designed. City inspectors are basiclly just paper pushers. They went to school for 6 weeks to learn how to enforce a set of codes witch don't always make sense. An engineer and architect went to school for a lot longer and actually know what they are talking about. If the bld has been designed by an eng/arch then they (or someone from their firm) should be inspecting them..ESPECIALY YOUR ENGINEER. It might be worth talking to a seperate ENGINEER. Ask him/her to look at your plans and inspect it on their own.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Most probably won't do it because then they assume liabilty. If you have any ? don't be shy. If you need any help ask me I will try to help all I can. I have been a builder for 15 years. I have built everything from basement suites to a 15 story tower.
P.S. ENGINEER INSPECTION after the trades are done. Plumbers and hvac guys are TERRIBLE for cutting and hacking. There is a reason a framing inspection is done after the trades are done.
Murminator in B.C. opaque glass in the bathroom (below 5 feet) is code i would think it would be in alberia aswell.

Last edited by new but handy; 04-01-2009 at 04:27 AM.