View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinsn View Post
When you see something you like ask the LFS to hold it they should do it for you. When fish come in they are stressed and they may not eat right away or at all, a good LFS will hold the fish for you until it is eating proper foods. Also a good LFS will not let the fish go if they dont think it will do well. Sorry about what im going to say retailers, but I would rather have the LFS take the loss of a fish than me, they can make their money back on something else to balance for the lost fish we cant. Ask your LFS to hold the fish till it is looking healthy and eating good, you can always ask them to feed it in front of you. For a PBT I would go longer than 2 weeks in QT as (correct me if im wrong) Ich takes 4 weeks to work its self out of the fish and PBT's are ich magnets. As for the fish dying before you pick it up some LFS will make you pay ahead of time and some wont, so keep your receipt and they will refund you or give store credit if it dies in their care.
Really good advice parkinson.
The fish should have the following.
The eyes should be crystal clear.
There should not be any fuzz, spots, tears or redness on the fins or elsewhere.
There should not be any discolouration on the fish anywhere.
The fish should be active and appear just as interested in you as you are in it.
Lastly, you should SEE it eating.
Do not accept the fish or feel obligated in any way to buy it if it is not 100% healthy.
There will always be another.