View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

1) parameters are fine for only 4 days
2) http://www.jlaquatics.com/info/250/Reef+Custodians.html just check this out, easier than all that typing
3) I would wait a little bit after your cycle to be sure. some easy corals are candy cane, frogspawn, hammer coral not quite softies, most mushrooms easy. we are on different sides of the country so don't know about price there
4) someone else can answer as i have never cycled a tank, but yet have set up alot. thats me and your doing the right thing
5) keep testing. good habit to get in to
6) funny thing, last month was looking at T5's. went to 2 different SW fish stores. bulbs were $10 cheaper at Petsmart of all places. and one of the stores I mentioned earlier was $12 more
7) skimmer will be way louder
8) some people do it for 24hrs. I have mixed up alot and with my system i pretty much have the mixture figured out so i'm at about 5mins
9) it has to be removing alot to make a difference. evaporation causes most of it
10) when doing a water change you use SW. use RO without salt for top ups
sounds like your having a good start with your questions alone. good to see people doing some research, listen to people on here not from the LFS