View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I agree with pretty much all the fish suggested, and the changes suggested as well (as good reasons were provided). That's great! I was worried this thread could turn into a poo throwing match...which it still has the potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynR View Post
Here is a great reference site for the list. My husband and I check it out every time we find a fish we are considering. http://www.aquariumpros.com/articles/badfishlist.shtml
This is pretty much what I was kind of setting out to do. This thread could just as well point to that URL. Although it is always nice to have "our own" CanReef thread.

I received a PM that suggested a few of us more experienced reef keepers get together and decide on a list which I think is a great idea, but this could really become a very large project. I could always start with a base like that link RobynR posted, and we can edit it how we would like to. I'm willing to put some time into this if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
I noticed some of the species had more detailed reasoning as to why they should not be kept or be kept by experienced reefers. However some are not. I know when I have done my research on fish, I will find info saying generalized reasoning behind not keeping these certain species of fish. Perhaps if others with experience could expand on reasons why from personal experience it might help others. If a species is susceptible to disease, what kind of disease? If a fish typically won't eat perhaps say what was tried for feeding. If a species of fish does not get along with many other fish, perhaps say what fish it was housed with.
This would be great, but wow it really could turn into a book!!

What would you guys like to do? Suggestions?

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 03-23-2009 at 05:32 AM.