Thread: Fat fish
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:06 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Interesting, I have been cutting back on how much I feed because I was told it was too much, I think I will continue with the way I was feeding before.
Were you told it was too much because of water parameters though? You can easily feed more than your tank can handle, leading to high phosphates and nitrates as I am sure you already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
I can't believe a fish would mess with the tusk. I saw one at the LFS and they look pretty serious. I can see why he bit your damsel in half...

When I noticed the sailfin was almost gutted it was after feeding but I forgot to fill the nori clip. Usually I do the nori first, pellets and then Griffie's puffer chow which everybody goes nuts for. Maybe fish are creatures of habit and because I did things backwards it caused an issue.

I just fed everybody and the sohal and sailfin went after each other for a second... I guess they don't think they are just fat enough yet... Pretty soon the will sink rather then swim

I guess lard butt fish are a good thing but I wanted to make sure this was the case. I guess salt water makes one more buoyant, so they can be fatter.
The tusk and most I have seen are big push overs. They don't really stand up for themselves much. Most people who buy them are quite surprised I think. They just look tough.