Thread: Fat fish
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
I sure hope I can get a chance to dive and see these fish for myself. There is no better way to tell if you are doing something right, or wrong in this hobby then.

A long time ago I saw a post on another forum chastising another member for having so many tangs in one tank, and overfeeding them to keep them subdued in temperment was wrong. I believe it was untamed's tank to be honest. When the fish are hungry they are more aggressive and active...

Today has been a peaceful day with everybody, and I have no seen anything out of sorts until I put the mirror up as someone suggested I do. What was funny is all my peaceful fish were out for blood and the aggressors were in hiding...

Marie, congrats on keeping your tang so healthy and robust. I need to see if you have more pictures posted of him else where. Beautiful fish.
IMO there is nothing wrong with feeding your fish more often to keep their tempers in check if that works. And I do believe that can help. If your system can handle it, I would try feeding a bit more even and see how the Sailfin and Sohal react. Perhaps it will help out a bit.

In fact I have realized that the day my Hippo beat up my Powder Brown was a rare day when I only fed them twice as I was out. Most days I feed three times with about 3 more times where I feed "snacks". Then yesterday I was out much of the day again and he went after my tusk.

Today he is an angel since I have been home and they have been getting a sheet of nori every 2 hours or so.