View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Here are some pictures of the tank drilling. There is going to be an external overflow box at the end of the tank with a built in wavebox on the outside. I also started drilling the middle bracing of the tank (got 3 done until my drill battery died). I'm going to cut out a large hole (rectangular with rounded corners) so that more light can enter the tank.

I've thought about just ripping all that bracing out and eurobracing it but I hate ripping tanks apart and that way I don't have to buy extra glass to make the eurobracing.

I bought this tank used off of a canreef member (can't remember who) about 5 years ago. We bought it before we built our house and it had a corner overflow in it but I ripped it out. It was dirt cheap, I think I paid $200 or $300 for the tank.

I was going to use the corner overflow but decided against it after figuring out how to cut an oval shaped hole at the end of a tank for an external one.

Anyway here are the pics. Sorry, all pictures are taken with my cell phone camera because that's what I have handy. Later I'll start using a real camera when I'm getting close to having water or livestock in my tank.

That is my 3 year year old son helping spray with water while I drill . This was taken about an hour ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0171.jpg (37.8 KB, 813 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0176.jpg (23.7 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0178.jpg (25.4 KB, 693 views)

Last edited by Dez; 03-21-2009 at 10:34 PM.