Thread: Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Bah! A Golf? I still hear "blah blah blah not a VW".

In all fairness though, I hear you. I've owned 6 water-cooled veedubs. Two were the worst cars I've ever owned (although when working when the funnest damn cars ever, one was a GTI, and one was a Passat). Two were the best cars I ever owned (another Passat, which died horribly in a head-on highway collision in BC that amazed all witnesses that anyone walked away from, so it died with honour at least) and another GTI which died horribly after being stolen.

But since I thought this was a sort of "toy car" thread I was just sorta disappointed to see no mention of vintage 'dubs like Beetles or my personal favourite, Karmann Ghia ragtops. If I had the garage space and if I didn't already waste all my cash on reefing I'd have one or a couple of these ... However I do sort of find the hobbies to be mutually exclusive. I spend FAR too much on the tanks to have a car affliction as well. Kudos to all you guys and gals who've found a way to do both...

Last edited by Delphinus; 03-20-2009 at 05:08 PM.