View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

for me it was the internet, and this board, one day I just happened to see a reef tank on the internet and then some one told me about this board.. 20K or so later

Brad where the heck were we when we heard about can reef?????? I remember it was a brand new board but for the life of me I can't remember how I found out about it.

I had kept fresh water for ever and had a couple FO and FOWLR ranks over the years but never a reef with a sump or anything like that so I spend a couple months planning and designing and under threat of having a couple people break into my house and fill my tank with water I decided to start the beast up. I did a ton of DIY and exparamenting with lighting (waisted about 10K on lights for the tank and ones for testing with my PAR meter)

I took it down and sold it about a year ago so I could build a custom tank, but soon after we decided I was retiring and we were going to move to kamloops so I decided to wait and do another tank once I moved so I only have one tank to figure out how to move instead of two.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.