View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Sigh...

The duh was part of the I joined the army certain things are expected...
Stop putting fought and died for in messages to somehow try and add weight to your argument. The simple fact is everything he listed in his message as "army life" ie food in bags being shot at etc is part of army life. If one joins the army not knowing these things are going to happen as a result of recieving your paycheck...frankly your ill-informed....being ill-informed is the sole responsibility or lack thereof...of every soldier in every army in the world. The duh was simply meant as "you joined the army and didn't know what to expect"

Please take your blind support for military personal...shelve it....pay attention to what you read....define things in the world for yourself....\

No where did i say the military was bad....simply that being uninformed of ones decisions is no ones fault but your own. Had asmodeus joined the military and been promised more money and they reneged...find....but somehow i think this is not the case....given his SURPRISE at finding out what he caught paid. If anyone else had come on saying they worked for a company and were surprised at their pay...most would question whether they knew what they were going to be paid before they started....it being the army or being shot at doesn't not change this fact....he chose the job, anyone for that matter who complains about a part of a job they knew they would have to put up with and don't quit that job...the onus is sort of on them.

We all have a right to voice our opinions. I did just that as you have. I truly believe what I wrote and did not embellish to add weight to my arguement.
Also, I would not call my support of the military "blind." After about 1 year of research and life changing thought. I am proud to say, my paperwork has been submitted as to my joining the Canadian Forces Reserves.
And no, not every soldier in the world chose their job. In fact, I'd say a very large number had it thrust upon them.

Last edited by Scavenger; 03-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.