View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
So what are you thinking Brad... every 9 months for replacement bulbs now? maybe even 6?

What is your lighting schedule like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
Brad and the other purchasers of the PAR meter will be keeping a close eye on our PAR levels over time to determine how quickly PAR levels drop off. It will probably vary somewhat depending on bulb and ballast combos.
I sure hope I don't need to replace those bulbs every 6 months...they cost $600 a set! Based on this past experience, I'm guessing that my current situation will result in new bulbs every 10 months. The PAR meter will help, but I'll also be a bit wiser than before about recognizing the symptoms.

My lighting cycle is such that the bulbs are running 9 hrs per day. Just this moment, I realize that I increased the lighting hours/day in the 2nd year of the tank. That might explain why my first bulbs seem to make it to 1 year without problem, while this set didn't...I ran this set 11% longer.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436