View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:51 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

NO lesions at all, the evening before the Emp died I saw dark bruises on his sides... they did not look like scrapes but dark bruises. After he died and I took him out blood was coming out of them. I did put him in QT when I found him ill in the morning as I did with the Majestic the week before.

The store I bought these fish from heavily medicates the fish prior to sale and keeps them until they are eating. I did not know it was a bad thing to have them in heavily medicated water to be honest since it would kill any diseases on the fish... so I thought. I went to two other LFS to see what this could have been and was told they do not heavily medicate the fish since they will not have an immune system... What I thought was a good thing was not in the end according to two other store I had spoken to.

I do not QT new fish to be honest. I always found it to be stressful and my research on QT is pretty wide in range for opinions. I have fish in my tank form the 44g that came with this house... they are still alive and well to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
It sounds like a bacteria that went systemic. Were there any lesions on the fish prior to the "bruises"?