View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 08:59 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguyxd View Post
I have it and this stuff grows fast as some of your know ,I myself have never had it before. So now How do I get rid of it? The water parameters this last last test were all in the normal range. The tank is 4 yrs old. At this point there not alot of livestock only a couple snails one the algea has grown on him so he a fuzzy snail and couple crabs (safe type) and only some small corals (mushroom and frogspawn).this hair stuff grows in patches but seems to get around alot. So what?? water changes, more skimming, lighting adjusting any additives what??
thxs
AL
Post a pic, the cause is easier to track down with a solid ID of the algae.

I've noticed that there seems to be quick a bit of organic phosphate (can't read with a normal test kit) in the tap water lately, lots of people are having algae problems. I have a softie tank I've never used RO/DI water with and all of a sudden I have cyano issues, every time a do a water change it gets worse. A friend of mine also in St. Albert is having the same problem but I'm not sure if it is city wide.

Best solution is using RO/DI if you can and some method of phosphate control. Better skimming should help too.