View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I think because I have probably over 400 pounds of very well established live rock in my system of 260g, 55g, and 72g tanks with the 55g packed with cheato, and well over 200 pounds of live sand, and my anal habits of checking params when I don't need to has helped.

I have a skimmer that is much bigger then what I need, a UV sterilizer, phosband reactor, filter socks and everything else I need to support a few fish. I have many but not nearly what other have and do not admit to having. I have a tnak full of corals and with the awesome help of my canreef friend, I have it all down to a science now.

The only fish I have lost have been jumpers, and this angel that was healthy two days ago. I am not taking things the wrong way, but I know my water quality and amount of fish have nothing to do with her demise.

It is easy to speculate and say that my having a new tank with lots of livestock is to blame for the death of this poor little fish. If you talk to any people whom have seen my system they would say my fish are happy and thriving. This angel has grown and was super robust and healthy until Thursday.

Tanks do crash even for the best people whom have done everything right, I see it on the forums all the time. This fish did not die from having too many other fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Ok please dont take this the wrong way, but you have how many fish in a tank that is only a little over two months old?.....Methinks yous two should take it easy. Quite surprised you havnt crashed the tank.