View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 08:51 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
Shortly after you got the Tusk from J&L I was in the store and the other tusk they had took out a Coral beauty angel. Jason McK witnessed it and I saw the after math.

Chris
Whoa! A Coral Beauty? Man I thought he may just stick to the small fish. I have to keep a close eye on him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatigot View Post
oh man.
Thats one of the aussie ones from JL?

that sux big time.

Hopefully he comes around for ya.
Thanks! Yeah he was the Aussie species from J&L. I had wanted one for soooo long but now I am kind of unsure. For the most part they tend to be calm and peaceful (other than to inverts) but it sounds like the two J&L had are a little nuts. And he is only going to get bigger and bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamed View Post
Sorry to hear that. I know you were very excited to get that beautiful fish. This hobby has this very frustrating aspect that it seems impossible to keep everything you want at the same time. Can't have your clams and your angels too...Can't have your triggerfish and inverts...Can't have your Lookdown and coral gobies too...etc. etc.

I suppose this is the reason that multiple-tank-syndrome is such a problem for us!
Yeah your right about that...it can be hard. I knew it was a risk but I never really thought he would kill fish. This morning they were all moved into the new tank and he seems much calmer. Actually all the fish do. Its amazing how differently they act in a bigger tank. Especially since its quite wide and they can really cruise around. The tangs and tusk are certainly using the entire tank and look at least a bit more natural than they did in my smaller tank. Hopefully this will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatigot View Post
every time I see how hard my two clown gobies are on my sps frags, I think about your lookdown brad....lol

This is a really beautiful tuskfish, I did a lot of reading on them after I saw them on Jls new and noteworthy and there is a good chance it will mellow out once everyone builds a pecking order...hopefully without anyone joining the damsel....

Heres hoping for the best case scenario.
Thanks again...make sure you really think about it if your still considering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAbyss View Post
+1, hopefully it works out... he is a beautiful fish!
Thanks! He sure is. Might regret this one day but I am going to keep him and see what happens.