View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 AM

foreverfortune is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
if you go for the lager pendants like a lumenbright or lumenmax you will still have a problem with coverage on the 35"wide tank as I use to have 2 lumenbright pendants and they only covered 2x2ft. I run 2x250w hqi now and notice that they are brighter than my 2x400 se.

Twon why don't you keep the 400w fixture in the front and put a 250w hqi in the back, then later sell the 400w and get another 250w and run them side by side. I don't think that your house ac can keep up with the heat of you mh in the summer and you will have to get a chiller anyhow there is a guy on craigslist selling a hqi system for $200 go for it!!
yea i saw the ones on craigslist and that is why i have considered the 2 250w. can hamilton ballast run any 250w bulbs or would i be limited in bulb selection?

that also brings up heating issues for me. in the past i had heating issues, had my tank runing at 86 degrees at times in the summer. chiller wasnt really an option because i lack the space for it (tank is in my living room) so then i went and bought a home central air conditioner unit. it has helped lots but im still running at 80 degrees unless i crank up my aircon and put sweaters on me and my family lol i made sure my aircon was slightly oversized for my home. or maybe i can get someone to fabricate eggcrates made from some sort of corrosion resistant metal or heat resistant plastic thats strong enough to hold my lighting and use that rather than my glass tops.