View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

[quote=GreenSpottedPuffer;388880]Live with it. Healthy fish will not die of ich. I know so many people now with large tanks, many large fish and most have ich in the tank. I have had ich in my tanks for years now and never lost a fish excpet in QT.

My Tusk still has some ich but long as he is eating, not rubbing and acting normal, he is fine.

You will notice break outs will become less and less severe as time goes on. Eventually they just kind of show up for a day or two here and there.

I think your on the right track though. I would try to get the tank stocked relatively soon and then do not add more fish. Just let them deal with the ich thats there. If you keep adding fish, you will generally see flare ups each time the new guy goes in.

I know this and I agree. But when i saw the Ich on my new $200 fish I kinda panicked. IMO new tanks and Ich go hand in hand. When I set up the 90g over a year ago I had small outbreaks of Ich for the first few months. Never lost a fish. I haven't seen any signs of it for at least 6 months now. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing: feeding twice a day and using garlic and Selcon like I always do. The Tusk is eating well and aside from the few spots on him looks to be in great health. I've been feeding him clam meat, mussels and mysis. He's a little smaller than yours I think; about 5.5" Anyway, thanks for the advice.