Thread: Darn economy!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 AM

Powertec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
I hate to say it since so many people are involved with oil and gas but I have a hard time feeling sorry for that industry.
:
We'll and i hate to sound harsh..But because that industry has made some much money in the last few years that we the people who are working our tails off are what???
That we should just suck it up and get laid off? That we are any less worthey of employment than you?That because these companies pulled in billions of dollars that we are all loaded?We'll i am hating to bring it to everyone but I am just like every other working person out there. I went to University, i have student loans and mortgage payments. I have kids to raise. And i literally work my ass off up here but yet this province seems to have the mentality that "all those guys up north make to much money"
We'll i hate to purpose this but what is ALBERTA gonna do if the oil stops? What do we have going for us? We'll its not farming,or forestry and the coal was gone long ago. So what is it here? If you don't have the oil this province is a bust.
Yes don't get me wrong they can clean up some of the damage they are doing. But if it isn't for the oil companies keeping this province rolling jobs would be even far and fewer between than what they are now.