View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 PM

ShrimSkin is on a distinguished road

I don't know about all that. I do agree that the need for a surge protecter to protect against surges is overstates, as true power surges are very rare. In my previous line of work I had the chance to work with pretty much any surge/batterybackup/monster power center available to a consumer. What I do know for sure is that the Monster Power centers designed for home theater use make a difference in picture quality as well as sound quality and the over all life of you home theater depending on which one you buy. I don't have specifics, but I have seen and heard the difference first hand on many occasions.

Other than that, I would say past the obvious advantages to a battery back up surge protectors make a great place to plug a lot of stuff into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
You can get surge devices that are placed on the mains at the electrical panel that will provide better protection than power bars ever will but question is are they really needed. Electrical utilities in Canada provide rather clean power, even in remote communities that rely on gensets.