View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 07:38 AM

phillybean is on a distinguished road

I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. Given how much he is eating, I do feel that I should be able to keep him alive. I think he is a awesome looking fish.

I have researched them in the past so I know the issues with them.

Every fish in the reef is important to it. I do not feel that the responsibility of buying only "certain" fish should be on us. If Robert Fenner and Scott Michael feel that they should not be purchases, they should deal with Whole Salers or even countries to ban the collection of them. The fact of the matter is, if a fish is in the store, healthy, eating and I feel that my tank will be a good fit for it and if I want it, I will buy it.

I prefer to purchase "aquacultured/bred" fish and corals whenever possible, however as we all know "aquabred" fish are not as common in the hobby as we would like to see. Given that such a small percentage of reefers are dedicated as much as the ones on Canreef, do research on the fish and strive to make their tank as fitting as possible for the creatures living in it, I feel good knowing that this fish has a better chance of surviving in my tank than it will in others.