View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:29 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

I finally got the Powder Blue out of the tank!!! YAY for me. Here's an idea for a fully stocked reef that has a fish you NEED out of the tank;

we got a piece of .080 plexi from a local plastics shop, cut it to the height of the tank and almost 1/2 the length of the tank. We then placed it in the water about 2-3 inches away from the glass like another wall....the fish could not see it, then we fed the fish inside the created wall, and once he went in, which was very quickly, the plexi being the size it was allowed for bending and we bent the end around so that he was trapped....hope that made sense then we netted him out.

This fish had completely outwitted us previously...the other 2 were a cinch with our large homemade fish trap...this one didn't fall for that trick nor did he bite the hook we used (we'd used that method previously with a clownfish that didn't want to leave the tank and it worked well with an 18g barbless hook!) My husband came up with this idea and it only took 5 minutes!!! No coral damage, no stress to the other fish, and a cinch! If only we had thought of it MONTHS ago!!