Thread: Hydroids-HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

This advice kind of differs depending upon which type of hydroid you have but . . .

I panicked when I had them about a year ago and kalked them, changed flow, etc. all to no avail. Then I read somewhere on RC (I think it was on RC) to just let them be and eventually they'll die off. The information I read basically said that at some point in your reef's development it will have conditions perfectly suited to keep them alive and they will thrive briefly. But if you were to try to keep them alive at another point in time you would fail miserably. So I just let them be and they died off within a month never to appear again.

What kind of hydroids do you have? Do you have any pics?
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"