View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

It's only a waste of time if you think it is. I wouldn't make the reflectors myself, but I have 2 kids and not a whole lot of luck when it comes to making things come together and having them look good when all is said and done. But if I had access to the proper tools and materials and the desire, then I might. I DIY some things, I buy others. It's all about what you want to do and know what you can do and know what you probably can't do. I'll say this: now that I have Lumenarc reflectors in my possession, they are a lot chintzier than they look in pictures. Ie., they are just flimsy aluminum polished on one side, bent in a hundred places and then riveted together. I don't see any reason why one couldn't make their own provided they had access to a press and brake, and something to model it after. I say "press" because I think it would look like total crap if you used tin snips to cut the pieces. But the aluminum is so thin that you probably COULD use tin snips. I wouldn't have known how to make my own but now that I see them I bet I could make some if I had access to the proper tools.