View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 AM

c me fish is on a distinguished road
Default Intro and tank size preference

Hello fellow aquarists,

First of all I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the information you make available, your experiences have provided a fantasitic source reference for me over the last few months.

I currently have a 37 gallon corner bowfront with ~50lbs of liverock, ~20 lbs of livesand, fluval 404, deltec mce-600, and a Coralife 24" AquaLight Pro Metal Halide Fixture - 1 x 150W, and a Koralia 2. I keep 2 clownfish, a toadstool, a frogspawn, and some gsp. My cleanup crew consists of 6 snails (mixed) and ~10 hermits (blue and red legged). This has been running well for around a year now.

I've been thinking about upgrading for a little while, so I've aquired 2 tanks... a 48x24x24 bowfront, and a 72x20x19 standard. As they hold around the same volume, my question to you (almost a poll question) is which do you prefer and why? Unfortunately I don't have the time or space to set up both tanks and I don't have any other equipment yet, so I'll probably be glued to the equipment forums for a while trying to scoop some deals .

Hopefully I'll be starting a Journal very soon and I look forward to meeting a few more of you.

Thanks!