View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefhawk1 View Post
The major problem with new vehicles these days is the dealerships scam you. They tell you you need this service or warranty is void. My Nissan was to have a complete service at 48000 kms and the cost was $800 plus tax. Included was a transmission flush in cab air filter,coolant flush and a general mechanical inspection. At 50k a coolant flush is a waste of money. I did the transmission service (oil was dirty) and blew the clean filter out.

In general all work at a dealership is a rip off. From parts mark up to the 100-120 dollars an hour labour. I am a Commercial transport mechanic and I see all the mark up on parts. It is a joke.

Changing the oil in the transfer case is a good idea since you probably use 4 wheel drive on a regular basis in Edmonton. Next time ask for all the original parts including a sample of the oil if you think you are being ripped off.
Basically as soon as the snow hits the ground and until the snow is gone I keep it in 4x4.

I think they did the work they said they did, I just didn't think that the work was going to cost so much. $732.96 in labor alone *ouch* They told me that they would start working on it first thing in the morning (shop opens at 7am, jeep was there from yesterday drop off) and they called me at 4:50pm and said it was done. I'm not sure how much an hour they charge but I think most places around here are around $65/hr.