View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 03:46 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Its not just copperbands unfortunately. I would love to try another imperator angel, but twice I've had the same issue. Its just so unfortunate and so sad.
Sorry to hear that. Yes the problem is certainly not just copperbands. It is often Philippine caught fish in general. Apparently the ones we do get shipped to us here are actually the tougher fish! The ones that can actually survive shipping.

I was told that after being collected, the fish are separated into what will be worth money and able to be shipped to North America, the ones that will make a shorter trip to Europe or other parts if Asia and then the "rejects" who all go to a wholesaler on the island. I am not sure what happens to these "weak" fish.

Wholesalers and stores here in North America really have no idea how the fish were caught overseas and have no way to ever claim they are no cyanide caught. Any store that does is either oblivious to the situation (and believe everything they are told) or lying

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 12-30-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Many, many reasons