View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Man View Post
Here I wish my frags grew wide then vertical, instead of vertical. You can always get some frags from Snappy, 4 of the six I picked up didn't even start branching out till 1.5+ inch size. They are long and skinny. I was also told that by adding more calcium and alk the branches would grow more thin then stubby, and from what I have witnessed in my sps growth this has been true (went on vacation for 3 weeks in the summer so no calcium or alk was added and you can actually notice that part of the coral to be a little thicker then below and above the noted section).
Maybe...but I think it is specific to the coral. I have slow, tabling corals...tall spindly corals...thick ball-shaped coral...slow growing, thick branching type...and they are all growing in the same tank conditions.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436