Old 12-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
Did testing on the water this morning and here's my results:

Hagen test kit:
Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0

Seachem test kit:
Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 (did reference test: 10)

Same results as Wednesday morning. Wednesday night I added a couple of rocks from an existing tank with many blue mushrooms, 2 blue clove polyps and a devils hand. Had to add the corals, as I needed the rock and couldn't remove the corals. Also threw in a little filter pad I had stuck in the back of the 50 gal to collect bacteria for the past 2 months. The corals are thriving, in fact the devils hand has never looked so good.
Thursday morning I threw in half a tablespoon of frozen mysis shrimp in hopes to get a cycle going. Do you think that I'm going to see any sort of a cycle here?

Also know it's a ways off, but here is my fish wish list (in the order I plan on putting them in, 4 - 6 weeks apart). Comments on this list are always welcome.

1. Royal Gramma Basslet
2. Pajama Cardinalfish
3. Barletts Anthias
4. Sixline Wrasse
5. Copperband Butterfly
6. Yellow Tang
7. Cinnamon Clown (with or without anenome - not sure yet)
8. Some sort of jawfish
9. Some sort of Hawkfish or other red colored fish
10. Of course, the Mandarin fish

I wouldn't put a mandarin in for quite some time. They require a well-established tank with lots of pods, etc. Also be wary of the Hawkfish, they can be little buggers. They may eat any shrimp, crabs, even small fish. Basically, anything they can get their mouths around.