View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 06:02 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

It is seven feet wide and 30" deep. I thought the same thing about the fish being replaced by another. I have big issues with pet store puppies for this exact same reason. I rescued many a dogs but never from a petstore. I have my own personal ethics and morals about animals, but I already crossed those lines when I said I would take the stocked 44g that came with this house. I hate hypocrites and here I am being exactly that.

I watch Gryphon looking out the window beyond his tank, and know it is not right. I almost want to bring him back, but that will not change his fate. He is destined to be captive, so I will give him all the love and care I can bestow upon him. This puffer is very mellow and has no interest in the other fish, mind you the little guys are not stupid and get in his way. He worried me at first since he looked like he was in hunting mode when I put him in the tank. I think he just saw little fish darting around and thought they were shrimp and such. He has no interest in them now. I do feel he needs a companion and will be researching what he would like to hang out with. He was with a purple tang and a niger grouper at Wai's. I have a purple tang but he is a little small to hang out with him. Gryphon is a good 8" long and it looks like he has more then enough room. The tang is double that in size.

I stay the heck away from petstore that sell livestock, but aquarium stores get you since you need to buy equipment constantly and have no choice but to walk by all the fish.

What have I done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Man View Post
What was the length of your tank again? That is a very large tang and they do like space. I've got a 4 inch one in a 5 foot tank and it uses every square inch of the tank. You will also have to think about whether it and the puffer will get along, or will the puffer nip at the naso? lastly, like you said, if you are thinking of saving the Naso because it is to big for the tank it currently is in, that may not be wise, as another one will just be brought in to replace the sold one. If no one buys it for a while then Wai's may think twice about bringing in another.