View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:48 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
sweet blenny. never seen one of those before. a short search of wet web and peteducation says it is not an easily kept fish and is a good jumper. hope it keeps eating frozens for you. Is there anything else that eats stuff in the sand bed in your tank like sand sifting stars or sand sifting gobies? he should be finein a 230g, bu I might worry if he's competing for food in it.
There is a sand sifting goby in there, but he mostly eats pellets and mysis. I saw the sand diver eel eat frozen chunks of silversides at the LFS I bought him from, and I think he eats mysis too. My main concern is what if I can't find him to spot feed him. At the LFS Mike put the food close to him and he came out of the sand and traveled up a little bit to eat it. He was in a 180g in the LFS and was able to see him easily in their tank, I kinda thought I'd be able to at least see his little head poke out in mine. I guess it's only been a few hours so hopefully over the next few days he'll come out and I'll see him. BTW I never seen or heard of one before either, I think that's why I had to have him