View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 06:50 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by argan View Post
For those people who have built walls and/or knocked them down for their Fish rooms, Do we have to worry about building codes or permits?

My brother-inlaw is a drywaller so he knows a bit about framing, should we be able to get by? or should i get a contractor?
if you are not touching electrical, plumbing or structure than no. But if you just do it who will know. If you are compentent in doing the electrical and plumbing yourself and you know its not a loadbearing wall, you should be able to get a homeowners permit for cheep, but they will want to see drawings of what you intend on doing and may or may not require an inspection. Just go to the city hall and with out givething your name explain what you are planning to do and ask if you need a permit or not.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.