View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:31 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I have the 36" 2x39w and although I don't own a Nova Extreme, I have taken a look at them, and seen them in use. I chose the Hagen over the NE. I didn't know the Hagens had a timer option though...? I'm wondering if someone did a real nice mod job on Lance's. I've had mine for about two years running on a separate timer, and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm running an AquaScience bulb with a KZ Fiji Purple, and they are the brightest bulbs I've had in it so far (I've had the Hagens, and Giesemann in it before). Don't buy the Hagen bulbs, they aren't nearly as powerful as the better brands out there. I'm going to try out their reflector upgrade, it looks a lot better than the original that it comes with. I would like to buy a second 2x39w for when I move my reef over to the 40g. However, all that said, the Tek 4x39w ($350) costs only $10 more to buy than buying two Hagen 2x39w (2x $170), and if a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better unit! If you can retro fit your T5s I would go with the Tek 2x39w retro fit.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.