View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i am running a 2x 24 watt fixture of both brands and the nova extremem is trash compared to the hagan glo.

IMO the hagen glow is MUCH nicer to look at and just a BETTER light in general.

Granted the glow cost a little more and neither have timers, but the nova is also much wider than than the glow.
now when i say much wider its a mater of 3/4 inch at most. i was working with a 10 g and had to work with a center joint for the canopy, and HOB Skimmer, and eventually went to a sliding top.

Also the nova extreme comes with bulbs (1 10k = 1 actinic blue) and the glo doesnt. i havent changed the bulbs in the nova either, so it may just be the bulbs REALLY suck. pretty big difference so i dont think its the bulbs.

Oddly enough doug and i just had a similar converstation about the hagen glo and i am sure you would get a thumbs up from him on this unit aswell. ANY lfs that sells the glow should also sell the reflector upgrade aswell (indi reflectors). i do not have the upgrade and find its fine without it.
i run a 24" on my contest tank and a 48 on my 45g SW(was SW for a while)

Not sure if he still has it but jdigital was selling a 39 x2 glo. i have no idea if he sold it.

to see the exact nova extreme unit i am talking about it is pictured in my nano contest thread in the empty tank shot (Post 1).
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 12-07-2008 at 08:36 AM.