View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:04 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

I only go to big al's if i really have to. I was in there this week and i hate going there. Just like any chain stores product must be shipped in large numbers to decrease costs of shipping. Which means more profit. true from a business side of it, yes this is smart but with certain type of business's this should be over looked and quality should mean more than quantity. That is how a business in salt water survives. Someone i know told me that no matter how bad you feel, back off because not saving one might prevent the deaths of others.

I am HIGHLY against keeping sharks unless its at an aquarium for public viewing. That tank is to small. The one thing it will do is stunt their growth but still its an attraction. the fact that you can just walk in and see sharks is great for most people. For a diver like myself i still believe that they should remain in the wild.

That being said, i can bet that 90 percent of the people in hobby have large fish housed in tanks to small for that species. When it comes to tangs, surgeons, and large angels they get huge. A fully grown queen angel is massive and there are only a hand full of people on this forum that I would say have the tank to properly keep these guys. Hell in my 60 gal i am only planning on having a pair of tomato's, my watchmans and some six line wrasses cause i am agains over crowding.

lol ok maybe i should stop because i probably will just keep ranting till i have a novel published