View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:44 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Ok ok, I guess I better explain something here before I am flooded with PM's.

As far as skimmers, Ca reactors, Kalk reactors go, I either have all the parts sitting in the garage, or I have them almost built.

I do have a complete Co2 reactor set up ready to go, but I am not going to use it on this tank. I want to use the Co2 tank on my fresh water setup, and I actually think the balling is a better method the more I read about it.

and finally the point of this build for me was to get an actual estimate of what it would take to set up a tank for a person who is new and realy has no DIY skill or contacts. Sure I could sit and wait for deals all year, but my rules for myself are, I will buy a used unit only if it is advertised when I am ready to purchase. ( I am going to cheat and build the stand though as I have a spicific thing in mind for this tank that you can buy in stores) but so many people have wood working skills this might be realistic anyways.

So there were no used skimmers listed the other day, and I don't want to build one (garage is to messy) so I bought a new one. another example, I decided to look for a power head last week, I looked on the board and found a used 6060 tunze with a magnet.. I called the guy and am picking it up. If I looked for a couple of days and there wasn't any new ones, I would have boughten a new one. So I am kinda employing a tempered impulse buying habit here.

Lights are the only thing that are driving me nuts with these rules as I am to damn picky in my lighting.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.