View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 12:52 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I have changed so much in the tank in the last week that it will be very difficult to determine which changes are making a difference and which aren't. I changed the lighting from a Giesemann 6000K and Giesemann True Actinic to an Aqua Science 17,500K and a Korallen Zucht Fiji Purple. I'm waiting for a new KZ bulb though because it arrived broken. The AS 17,500K is waaaaaaaaay bluer than I was expecting. Since it has such a high PAR I was expecting it to run whiter than the 17,500K suggests. It's a lot bluer than the Hagen GLO 18,000K that I originally purchased with my T5 unit., and it's actually bluer than the Giesemann True Actinic, although that bulb is a little over a year old now. Even though the light is much bluer than I prefer it sure makes the corals look nice, and if it help get rid of the Valonia, then I might learn to like it a lot more!

I also added two Emerald Crabs. Plus the Kole Tang. Oh and for the record, the Kole Tang is DEFINATELY eating the Valonia. I can go in there at any time and observe it. It also looks like at least one Emerald crab is taking a liking.

SPS fanatic.