View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 AM

scholar is on a distinguished road

Well pulled out the small heater since it wasnt keeping the temp or even close to were i wanted it. I placed in a mini 100Watt heater I had kicking around. I came home from work and the temp was still room temp. The light was on and everything so i cranked it up to 90 and came back into the room an hour or so later to find that the tank temp was still sitting at 70... I then pulled the heater out and to find that the element was shot since i was holding it and the indicator light was on but it was producing zero heat. I then went back to the endless pile of used equipment I have to find another heater. with no luck on finding another small heater I was forced into placeing a full size 100watt heater in the tank well the water level in the back of the tank was right on the min line for the heater. I awoke this morning to find the tank at 87..... so me being cheep (lol) screwed me once again... So i brought the water level up in the rear chamber now by about half an inch thus covering the thermostat ( i think ) so the temp is holding steady at 79. if it works I will have to look the value up of the heater i know on jl and use 3/4 of but I want to see if this works.

another flaw I have had now is that I extended the wires on the lightbulb so I could hide them through the back of the stand. But when i went to fire the bulb it would just flicker. I have no put them back to the standard length and she fires everytime Im thinking that the amps were dropping by to much.