View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 03:10 AM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Tank is lookin good Sean...for a bb tank: mrgreen: j/k. I disagree with you about the browning out of sps. ... Its not surprising to me when a coral has browned out after spending 3-4 days in the dark in a small bag, getting shakin about like a martini. Unfortunately,it is difficult in an LFS environment to maintain stable enough conditions for sps to thrive.I have seen browned out coral in every LFS that I frequented before I was at RC. Does that mean that every store that sells sps has unhealthy systems?
It's just a frustration with the market in Calgary, really. SPS is a niche market that Calgary doesn't have the capability to support really. Fish sells faster than coral so LFS's won't spend the time and money required to keep SPS healthy and colourful. The only business in Calgary that has good healthy SPS for sale all the time is Coralmaster (Greg). And he sells frags because there's not enough demand for anyone to start up a full propagation facility to sell entire colonies.

My theory is that if people stop buying browned out SPS either the stores will stop stocking it or put in the effort required to sell it healthy. Probably the stores would just stop stocking it and sell frogspawn and zoos n such.