View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 04:40 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Ok, just to put my opinion in as some one who would probably have entered this if I would have known about it sooner.
You still can

Quote:
an increase in live stock budget is not a good idea, the final judging from what I understand is going to be by canreef members based on a picture of the tank. sooooo someone who started under the premise of the old budgit and is pretty much done as they went high tech will be able to buy a small frag or two. but some one who is just starting (like me if I decide to get in on it) could skimp on the equipment and high tech stuf and lay everything down on live stock. the end result would be a tank that looks amazing.
Someone who started under the old budget and went high tech on the equipment will now be able to have more live stock... someone who wanted to focus more on livestock can now focus even more on it... which I'm sure they we'll love either by increasing quantity or color and quality

At the end of the day the only people who can legitimately be disappointed are the ones who only wanted/budgeted to spend $300 and now feel that others will be at an advantage because they're now spending more... but I'm sure the voters will take into consideration... especially seeing the money spent must be posted.

Plus at the end of the day... "amazing" is a relative term... I'm sure some people in the DIY section would rather see a 10 gallon with some innovative design and 2 frags then a stock AGA stocked right full

Quote:
rules for entering were already set and in all fairness once some one has joined under the declared rules then they can't be changed, or it makes a joke out of the whole contest.
Rule # 3b: the rules can change ahah
^ and that's the exception that proves the rule

It's not a joke it just takes time to get everything ironed out nicely.. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was this contest.. but so far I think it's starting out on a pretty good foundation for the first go round

Quote:
that would be like paying 100.00 for a ticket to win the dream house then two weeks after you buy your ticket they add a rule saying only people over 65 can win.
Not the perfect parallel... increasing the budget will not omit anyone from the contest