View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:50 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Day 35.. not that I'm counting anymore though (I had to look it up on a calendar). Still no eating. Buh. I wonder if I should move him into a tank with other fish (he's on his own). That way there's more activity and that might draw him out more (like a dither fish effect?). And that way there's always food being added to the tank every day, so there's a better chance of getting used to the idea of "humans bring you food."

Only thing is I'm a bit worried about the escape artist potential. There are 2 tanks I could move him into. The cube tank now has Michika's fish in there and two of those are small chromis (ie., probably a bite sized snack if he ever decides he's hungry), so that tank is out. That leaves a 75g, which is actually fairly well sealed up (strainer on the overflow, canopy with few holes). The main worry is that I have fans in the canopy for airflow with no guards. Maybe this is a silly question, but since eels are known for being escape artists, how far out of the water will they poke out? The fans are only a couple inches above the tank, if he was really motivated he could reach them. Is that a realistic worry?