View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 AM

slakker is on a distinguished road

Once you get into it, I'd be willing to bet that the controller will actually ADD more fun to the hobby. It takes care of some of the mundane chores but will also help keep some of your reef chemistry stable (always a good thing). ie; auto top up will ensure that salinity won't fluctuate, calc reactor will ensure Ca levels, correct temperature so it doesn't fluctuate, etc.. There's still tonnes to do as the controllers won't take care of everything. I feed frozen so no auto feeder for that. You may end up running carbon or Phosban. And just more time to sit and watch the little critters...

Especially if money is not too much a hindrance, I'd recommend looking into it.

I was coincidentally down in San Jose earlier this year and went to the Neptune "factory". It was a pretty neat to see, they are in a commercial complex and was not a retail location at all. I called them and said I was from Canada and if I could just drop by... He took my order and I went and picked it up. It was pretty funny as since they manufacture and design/build right ther, they had 1/2 dozen tanks in various states of setup testing and running the controllers.

Last edited by slakker; 10-15-2008 at 03:56 AM.